The 2nd Annual Great Jersey City Cleanup will be held in honor of Earth Day on April 29, 2017 and will take place throughout Jersey City. We hope to mobilize residents, civic organizations, community leaders and elected officials to roll up their sleeves and help clean our City on a single day!
Why we need the Great American Clean-Up:
· Over 51 billion pieces of litter land on U.S. roadways each year. That’s 6,729 items per mile.
· Litter cleanup costs the U.S. almost $11.5 billion annually, with businesses picking up $9.1 billion of that tab.
· The presence of litter in a community takes a toll on quality of life, property values, and housing prices.
How the Great American Cleanup Can Make a Difference:
Each year, the Keep America Beautiful Great American Cleanup engages:
· More than 20,200 participating communities
· More than 4 million volunteers across the country
· In 2014, Great American Cleanup volunteers:
· Removed 37 million pounds of litter and debris for safer, cleaner communities
· Cleaned 85,901 miles of streets, highways, trails, 0waterways and shorelines
· Cleaned acres of parks, public lands and wetlands
· Collected more than 250 million pounds of recyclables
- April 29, 2017 at 9am – 12pm
- Paulus Hook