Prior’S Mill, Near Point Rock
- Prior’s Mill played many important roles during the Revolutionary War. The Mill provided flour for both the Continental Army and the British Troops
- Prior’s Mill was located on the land near Wayne Street and Grove Street
- The Patriots, lead by General George Washington, used the area behind the mill to spy on the British Troops
- Major Henry “Light Horse Harry” Lee stopped at the mill with his troops prior to the Battle of Paulus Hook
- Something to think about: In the same area where we use flour to make Krispy Kreme donuts and take the Grove Street Path to travel to New York City, people were milling flour and traveling by ferries from the 1760s through 1837.